It’s official! Not only has Nacpan Beach near El Nido been voted the best beach in the Philippines, but it has also been voted the 2nd best beach in Asia, and the 10th best beach in the world!
According to TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards for 2016:
A long coastline, golden sand, beautiful crystal waters and a completely virgin landscape make a visit to this place unforgettable!
Having visited this beach in 2015, I can attest to its unspoilt beauty and charm. The beach is shared by another beach called Calitang Beach, hence the nickname ‘Twin Beach’. Swaying palm trees line the shoreline and a beautiful headland provides stunning views if you can manage the steep hike up.
Given its remote location 45-60 minutes away from the already remote town of El Nido, there are no resorts and few tourists. Those that do visit normally only stay for a few hours as part of an organised day trip.
If you want to visit Nacpan in its prime, hire a scooter and drive there yourself. Watch the sun set, enjoy a coconut and chill out while all the other visitors head back to El Nido.
Although there is no accommodation in Nacpan, there are plenty of beautiful accommodation options in El Nido.
If you’re curious to know what the other beaches were on the Travellers’ Choice Awards for 2016:
Top 10 beaches in Asia
- Ngapali Beach – Ngapali, Myanmar
- Nacpan Beach – El Nido, Philippines
- Kata Noi Beach – Karon, Thailand
- Agonda Beach – Agonda, India
- Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach) – Boracay, Philippines
- Nai Harn Beach – Rawai, Thailand
- Sunrise Beach – Ko Lipe, Thailand
- Palolem Beach – Canacona, India
- Otres Beach – Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The top 10 beaches in the world
See also: Top 5 Beaches in the Philippines
Have you been to Nacpan Beach? Or would you like to visit? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!